Duel Links Character Series Overview
Introducing the Duel Links Character Series, a Duel Links Character-themed competition! Choose a Duel Links character across any era from the list below and join the event.
3 Cash Prizes
Tournament Winner Prize: £20 GBP/ $27 sent via Paypal or Steam Gift Card + entry in the exclusive Duel Links Grand Championship in December with a £100 / $138 prize!
Gold Participant Raffle: Finishing the tournament until the very end will enter you into a free raffle to win £5/$7. So, no matter where you end up finishing in the event/how many games you win or lose, you still have a chance of winning something (aslong as you finish to the end). Just have fun with the event!
DLCS Prediction Lottery: Once you have signed up, you can vote for one character that you think will win the event. If your chosen character does end up winning, you will be placed into a free draw to win £10/$14
All prizes will be sent via Paypal or as a Steam gift card at the end of the event (which you can use to purchase gems in Duel Links and use for other games)
Previous DLCS Winners:
Characters Taken So Far (38)
Carly Carmine (DS)
Joey Wheeler (DSOD)
Mokuba Kaiba (DSOD)
Seto Kaiba (DM)
Seto Kaiba (DSOD)
Tea Gardner (DSOD)
Yugi Muto (DM)
Yugi Muto (DSOD)
Yuma & Astral
- The Duel Links Character Series is a Character themed tournament where each participant must choose a unique Duel Links character to represent for the event. Each character has a deck requirement based off the character’s signature cards and cards that the character has specific dialogue for. (Unless otherwise stated, you can use copies of voiceline cards for your chosen character to meet the requirement). As long as your main deck meets these listed requirements, you can make the rest of your main deck up with any cards that you wish. Duel Links Character Series
- Your extra deck can ONLY contain cards that your chosen character has a voice-line for (check the character link symbol underneath each character profile on the website to see their full list of voice-line cards.
- Your chosen character’s “monster animation” card must be in your main deck even after siding.
- A character’s monster animation card is exclusive to that character only and for any other characters that have a voiceline for that animation card (regardless of artwork). (E.g. only Seto Kaiba (DSOD) can run Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon etc). Check the DLCS Roster page to see all the monster animation cards for each character.
- Your character’s deck requirements must still be met even after siding.
- To have as much variety as possible, you cannot pick a character that has already been taken (this will be displayed at the top of the page).
- Each participant is allowed an up to 7-card side deck for the event, plus one additional side skill for your chosen character.
- Matches will be best of 3 duels using the latest Duel Links Banlist. Side decks can only be used for games 2 and 3 in a match.
- Each round in the Swiss stages lasts 48 hours. You are responsible for scheduling your matches with your opponent. Please Private Message your opponent(s) on Facebook or tag them on the group page and schedule a time to duel. If you cannot get a hold of your opponent, then contact me.
- In the event of a disconnect, the player who disconnected receives a loss for that duel (not the whole match).
- Please make sure to save all replays from your duels (even if you lose) and send me the replay URLs. I will also be uploading all tournament matches to our Youtube channel.
How To Sign Up
- Pick any Duel Links Character from the list here and comment below or send me a message on Facebook with your character choice. (Note: if you hover your cursor over a character, it will show the character’s deck requirements for the event). You can also filter characters by era by using the tabs at the top. Click on the “Millennium Puzzle” icon underneath the character image to see all of the voice lines for the character. You can also get some deck ideas for a particular character by visiting their character profile and navigating to the “DLCS Decklists” section, to see the previous decklists people have used for the character.
- When you are ready to submit your character deck, you must send me the Main deck URL (click the “share” button in the deck editor to generate the deck url link), with the character skill set, a screenshot of your 7 card side deck, and any side character skill you wish to have. Duel Links Character Series
Start Date: Friday, 9th July 2021
Time: 7PM GMT
Banlist: Latest DL Banlist
Match Format: Best Of 3
Tournament Format: Swiss —> Single Elimination